My husband and I both love Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it. I thought it was really good! Strangely enough, he didn’t think they were anything special. Next time I make them, I will leave out the extra chocolate chips in the batter. I would like to taste more of the blondie + the peanut butter cups. The chocolate chips added to the batter in my opinion are a little overboard in the chocolate department….if you can believe that
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt (if using).
- In a separate medium bowl, stir to combine the peanut butter, butter, milk, vanilla and eggs.
- Add peanut butter mixture to dry ingredients, and gently stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips until combined (do not over mix).
- Pour batter in prepared baking dish. Arrange peanut butter cups over batter.
- Bake for 19 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool in pan on a wire rack.