I’ve been making this recipe for years, it’s really simple and very yummy. I adapted it slightly from Old El Paso.
Creamy Chicken & Chile Enchiladas
- 1 pound uncooked chicken breast strips (I dice the chicken up)
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat cream cheese) cut in cubes
- 1 can (4.5oz) chopped green chilies
- 1 package flour tortillas
- 2 cans Old El Paso Green Chile Enchilada sauce
- 1/2 package taco seasoning (not in original recipe)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar (I use 2%)
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray. In a skillet, cook chicken over medium high heat stirring occasionally. I sprinkle the taco seasoning over the meat as it is cooking. Cook chicken until no longer pink in the center. Stir in cream cheese and stir until blended and cream cheese is melted. Spoon chicken filling onto tortillas. I sprinkle with a little cheddar cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.