I love lasagna, and I love the look of lasagna rollups so I gave this recipe a try.
Pepperoni Lasagna Roll Ups
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounce container of ricotta or cottage cheese (I used cottage cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives (I used onion powder with chives)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon dried organo and basil
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 8 slices swiss cheese, cut in half
- 1 jar of meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded parmesan or mozzerella cheese (I used 1 cup of mozzerella and about 1/4 cup of parmesan)
- I also used about 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Combine ricotta or cottage cheese, chives, oregano and basil (garlic powder, S&P). I found it easier to place the pepperoni and swiss cheese on the lasagna noodle first and then top with about 1/4 cup of ricotta/cottage cheese mixture. Spread this mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges. Carefully roll up and place seam side down in greased 1 quart baking dish. (I put about 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of my pan before putting the roll ups in it). Top with remaining spaghetti sauce and sprinkle mozzarella/parmesan cheeses on top. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Verdict: We both thought these were really good!