Every time I buy bananas we never seem to be able to eat them all before they go brown. I’m always on the look out for recipes that use ripe bananas. This one looked good, and I had all the ingredients on hand so it was a go! This recipe makes 15 muffins, and is 3 weight watcher points per muffin.
Low Fat Banana Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup white sugar (could use splenda to further reduce points)
- 3 egg whites
- 3 to 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill cups two thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Verdict: We both thought these were good for low fat muffins!