I recently went to a Pampered Chef cooking show at my friend Andrea’s house and this was the dish that was prepared. I thought it was easy for a weeknight meal, and it tasted great. I served this with grilled chicken breasts that I marinated in Italian dressing.
Creamy One Pot Pasta (courtesy of Pampered Chef)
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 jar (7oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, undrained (I used fresh grape tomatoes)
- 3 cans (14.5 oz. each) chicken broth
- 1 lb uncooked penne pasta (I used rigatoni)
- 1 head broccoli (2 cups small florets)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled (I used baby carrots)
- 4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese (I used 8 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I increased this to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- grated fresh Parmesan cheese and snipped fresh basil (optional)
Thinly slice garlic using paring knife (I minced mine). Place garlic in 1 tbsp oil from sun dried tomatoes into 8 qt. stockpot (I used olive oil). Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until garlic is golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; add broth. Return to burner, increase heat to high. Cover and bring to a boil. Stir in pasta; cover and simmer vigorously 8-10 minutes or until pasta is almost cooked but still firm, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cut broccoli into small florets; place into classic batter bowl. Cut carrots in half lengthwise; thinly slice crosswise on a bias using santoku knife. Drain sun dried tomatoes if using; pat dry with paper towels. Slice tomatoes into thin strips (I cut my grape tomatoes in half). Add carrots and tomatoes to batter bowl. Cut cream cheese into cubes. Add vegetables, cream cheese, salt, and pepper to stockpot. Stir until cream cheese is melted and fully incorporated. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve immediately. If desired, top with grated Parmesan cheese and snipped basil. Yields 6 servings, Original recipe contains 410 calories, 11g fat, 5mg fiber per serving.
Verdict: I really liked this at the party, and Eric liked it too.