This is the dessert I made last night for my Pampered Chef party. I bought a Pampered Chef trifle bowl sometime back and have never used it, so I thought this was the perfect excuse! This is a Southern Living recipe I found hereon MyRecipes. I renamed the recipe! This recipe makes alot, so I halved all ingredients. I have included the original recipe. This got rave reviews from all the guests at the party!
Caramel Brownie Trifle
- 2 (21 oz. packages chewy fudge brownie mix)
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened (I used low fat)
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow cream
- 2 (8 oz) containers of frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided. (I used low fat)
- 3 cups fat free milk
- 2 (3.3 ounce) packages of instant white chocolate pudding
- 1 (12 1/4 oz) jar caramel topping (I used fat free)
Prepare each brownie mix according to package directions for chewy brownies in a 13 x 9 inch pan. Cool; break into large pieces. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; beat in marshmallow cream. Stir in one container of whipped topping (or half of a container). Set mixture aside. Stir together milk and pudding until thickened. Stir in remaining container of whipped topping. Crumble half of brownie pieces in an even layer in bottom of 9 x 13 inch pan (or trifle dish). Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over brownies; drizzle evenly with caramel topping. Pour pudding evenly over caramel topping; crumble remaining brownie pieces over top. Cover and chill 2 hours.