I had a Pampered Chef party last night, and I wanted to make a few things to go along with what the consultant was cooking. The consultant made a Mexican themed dinner, so I thought these would be perfect to serve as an appetizer. I first saw this recipe on DeliciousMeliscious, who credits Cook Like a Champion for the recipe. The original recipe was a dip by the Gooseberry Patch that Sing for your Supper posted. The roll ups were awesome! They had such good flavor and were a hit at the party.
Chicken Enchilada Dip Roll-ups
- 2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese, softened (I used low fat)
- 1 1/3 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (I used 2% shredded cheddar)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced (I used garlic salt)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin (I accidentally omitted this….oops!)
- cayenne pepper to taste (I used spicy Rotel, so I omitted)
- salt to taste
- 1 small southwest flavored rotisserie chicken, skinned and shredded (I used 1/2 of a traditional flavored rotisserie chicken)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10 oz. Rotel tomatoes
- 1 package jalapeno cheddar tortillas (I used Mission brand)
Mix cheeses together until well blended. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Place one heaping spoonful onto tortilla. Spread to edges using metal spatula. Roll and cut into slices.