For Mother’s Day my Mom requested hamburgers, so we had a small cookout. I saw this recipe on Le Petit Pierogi a few days ago and actually had all the ingredients on hand. She credits Buns In My Oven for the recipe. This was really simple to assemble and tasted great.
BLT Macaroni Salad
- 1lb macaroni pasta
- 8 slices of bacon (I used 12)
- 2 medium-large tomatoes
- 2-3 bunches of green onions, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip) I used 2 cups light mayo
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- I added 1 cup Parmesan cheese (not in original recipe)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil an add macaroni. Cook pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and poor into large mixing bowl.
- Fry slices of bacon and when cool enough to handle, crumble into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Chop tomatoes and green onions, add to small mixing bowl. Mix in mayonnaise and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over macaroni and stir together well. Stir in the crumbled bacon.
- Serve in a pretty dish with some chopped green onions sprinkled on top. Enjoy!