Last night I had a big craving for peanut butter cookies , but I resisted the urge and didn’t make them. Today, the Brown Eyed Baker posted these Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies. I took it as a sign that I was to make these today! They looked so delish on her blog, I had to try them. I even left her a comment that I was going to make them today. I’m not working tonight, so I thought why not. I’m so glad I did, they are quite possibly the best peanut butter cookies I have ever had! So, go make these right now!
Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies (source: Brown Eyed Baker)
- 1¾ all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1¼ cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Granulated sugar, for rolling cookies
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheets with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
2. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Combine the peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add the egg and beat just until blended. Reduce speed to low and add to the creamed mixture gradually, mixing just until combined.
4. Put the granulated sugar in a small bowl. Scoop a tablespoonful of dough and roll into a ball between the palms of your hands. Roll the dough into the sugar and place on the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Dip the tines of a fork into the sugar and make a crisscross pattern on the cookies, flattening them slightly.
5. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to a cooling rack.