Do you need a refreshing summer salad to beat the summer heat? This is it! I based this salad off of a recipe I found here. I served this along side grilled NY strip steaks, but it would complement any summer dish!
Summer Confetti Salad
Source: Based from a recipe I found on Bean Town Baker
- 16 ounces of frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (I used Roma and yellow grape tomatoes)
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 green peppers diced (yellow or red would add great color)
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro, chopped to taste
Combine corn, tomatoes, black beans, and peppers in a large bowl. Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture. Add cilantro and mix well. Chill for 1-4 hours. Gently fold in avocado and allow salad to come to room temperature. Season again with salt and pepper if needed.