I love this time of year when there is a ton of zucchini in the garden! My mother in law makes these zucchini patties and I just can’t stop eating them. They are so easy to make, and they taste great!
Source: (my mother in law, original source unknown)
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (I used onion powder)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used 1 cup)
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a medium bowl, combine zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly. Heat small amount of oil in skillet over medium high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.