I have never tried a lasagna with a white sauce or chicken before. I must say that this smelled heavenly while it was cooking, and tasted great. I think it would be awesome if you added spinach and fresh mushrooms to this. I would also add a bit more garlic next time. This lasagna tasted almost better the next day as leftovers! I will defiantly be making this again in the future.
Brit’s White Chicken Lasagna
Source: The Recipe Club
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced (I used onion powder)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese (I used low fat)
- 2 cups sour cream (I used fat free)
- 2/3 cups milk (I used skim)
- 1 lb lasagna noodle, cooked and rinsed in cold water (I used oven ready noodles and cooked an extra 15 minutes)
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
In a large saucepan, over medium heat, brown shallots and garlic in butter. Add cream cheese, cream soup, cream cheese, sour cream, and milk. Stir until cream cheese is melted. Add chicken. In a 9 x 13 glass baking dish layer noodles, white sauce with chicken, then cheese. Repeat steps, ending with mozzarella cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.