This recipe reminded me alot of chicken cordon bleu. It’s almost like a inside out version of chicken cordon bleu. This was a snap to assemble after work, and I knew it was going to be a favorite! I found this in the February 2009 issue of Southern Living. Which, speaking of Southern Living…..I just ordered an entire year of it for $5. I found this deal on Amazon if you are interested! I served this with sliced homegrown tomatoes and spanakorizo on the side.
Pan Fried Chicken and Ham Parmesan
Source: Southern Living, February 2009 page 106
- 4 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 (1 oz.) fresh mozzarella cheese slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Whisk together egg and 2 tbsp. of water. Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg mixture, and dredge in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large oven proof skillet over medium high heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden. Top chicken with ham and cheese.
- Bake chicken in skillet at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.