This is my weekly “healthy recipe”. I have been craving cookies, but I have been trying to avoid them! All that walking shouldn’t go to waste, so I have to admit I have been watching what I put in my mouth. I liked these cookies, next time I will try subbing raisins for the chocolate chips to make them even more nutritious.
Source: Steph Chows
- Whisk together in a medium bowl:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
dash of salt
- In a large bowl, beat together:
1 package of Gerber prunes and apples baby food (2, 3.5 ounce containers)
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup organic zero, splenda, or white sugar (I used splenda)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 eggs (beat in one at a time)
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Slowly add dry to wet, and then add in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Scoop large tablespoon mounds onto a baking sheet or mat and flatten slightly with finger tips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 17-20 minutes.
- Serve warm or frozen.