My sister-in-law’s baby shower was yesterday, and I provided all the snacks for the party. I wanted to share the most requested recipe from the party. She is having a girl and decorating her nursery in a jungle theme. I will share a few pic’s from the shower. One of her friends made a diaper cake and a wreath out of diapers which I thought was really cute. Along with the marinated cheese we had a fruit and veggie platter, and chocolate chip cookie dough dip served with vanilla wafers.
Italian Marinated Cheese
Source: My sister in law Paula, original source unknown
- 8 oz. cream cheese, I have used low fat with good results
- 8 oz. of cheddar cheese, I used sharp
- 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 4 oz. can chopped black olives
- 1 packet Good Seasons Italian dressing (Mix according to package directions and set aside)
Cube the cream cheese and cheddar cheese into bite sized pieces (Place the cream cheese in the freezer until firm to help with cutting precisely). Place in a large Tupperware container. Combine the dressing, tomatoes, and black olives. Pour the dressing combo over the cheese and let marinate overnight. I like to serve this with wheat thins.
*Here is the link for the chocolate chip cookie dough dip.