I have been on the hunt for great white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. You see, Schwan’s stopped carrying these cookies and they were wonderful. My mother in law broke the news to me, so I had to find a replacement. Yes, sadly I am occasionally all about pre made cookies. I thought these were excellent! I don’t know that they are exactly like the Schwan’s version, but I think I prefer these! I actually baked only one cookie sheet of these delightful cookies. The rest I formed into balls and froze them on a cookie sheet. Then, I took them off and placed them in a ziploc bag labeled with time and temp for future use. I hope you enjoy these as much as we did, and Rita I hope you this solves your cookie problem!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Source: Joy the Baker, originally from Betty Crocker
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), no margarine
- 1 cup packed light or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk (I used heavy whipping cream)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I always use Mexican vanilla)
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks (I used chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium saucepan melt the butter, swirling and stirring the butter until nicely browned, remove pan from heat and set aside to cool a bit while you measure out the dry ingredients and set them aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the brown sugar and slightly cooled butter. Beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Add the egg and beat for one minute. Add the milk and vanilla and beat to incorporate.
- Turn the mixer off, and scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the dry ingredients all at once. With either the stand mixer on low, or by hand with a spatula, incorporate the dry ingredients until just mixed in. Fold in the chopped nuts and white chocolate chips.
- Scoop two teaspoon sized balls onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are golden. Remove from oven and let rest on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before removing to cooling rack.