We had my friend Heather over for dinner tonight and I tried these two recipes out on her. They were both excellent, and I will definitely be making them again in the future. Thanks to Elly Says Opa for the spanakorizo recipe, it was great! I was looking for something to use up some of the fresh spinach from our garden and she suggested this recipe. I found the italian breaded pork chops on Marin’s Creations. You should check out both these blogs, they both have great recipes!
Italian Breaded Pork Chops (source: Marin’s Creations)
- 4-5 boneless pork chops (I used bone in)
- 1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- olive oil
- seasoning salt
- garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- one small onion, diced
- 2/3 cup long grain white rice
- 1 1/3 cups water
- juice of one large lemon
- 2 bunches or 1 1/2 to 2 lbs of fresh spinach, chopped and stems removed
- 1/3 cup of fresh dill, or 1 tablespoon dried
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (not in original recipe, I added)
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil. Once heated, add the onions and saute until tender. This is where I added the garlic. Add the rice and stir to coat it in the olive oil, “toasting” it for a minute or two. Add the water and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
Add the spinach, dill and some salt and pepper to taste. Bring the mixture down to a simmer. Cover tightly and simmer about 15 minutes or until rice is cooked.